Frank Alverson (Eugene)
In the early September 1876, Frank Alverson took over R. L. Forbes (q.v.) photo gallery in Eugene. He was about 19 years old and a nephew of the town’s doctor. After a month, he bought a buggy and two horses from Dr. Alverson so he could start an itinerant photography studio. He left town with Anson Hall, the doctor’s step son, and they traveled as the “Alverson Brothers.” They went to Tehama, California where they sold the horses and buggy. From there they went to Reno, Nevada. By February, the doctor had not received any money and printed an account of the fraud in the newspaper. In June, 1879, Alverson opened a short-lived gallery in Yreka, Calfornia.