Brown, James T. (Oregon City, Portland)

James T. Brown (Oregon City, Portland)
He briefly had a studio in Oregon City until he moved to Portland in 1893. By 1896 he was employed by G. L. Eastman (q.v.) From 1897 to 1900 he worked for E. W. Moore (q.v.) In 1900 he opened his own studio at 246 1/2 Alder (SW between 2nd & 3rd.) In 1902 he moved his studio to 227 1/2 Washington (SW between 1st & 2nd) in the Labbe building, room 75. He moved to room 414 in late 1910 and remained there through the 1930s. His envelopes advertised “Kodak Views Developed and Printed.”

Historic photos and images