Alfred Anderson (Portland)
Alferd Anderson was a semi-professional photographer. He owned a general lithography, printing and bindery in downtown Portland located at 208 Alder (between Front and First.) Lithography shops were equipped with darkrooms and processing facilities, and the shop was also able to print his own photo mounts. The second floor location spared him from the damaging 1894 flood. Anderson photographed many scenes of the flood with his 6.5 x 8.5” (full plate size) view camera and sold them with his imprint. A year later, in 1895, the Oregon Camera Club was founded and Anderson was a charter member. He brought in many new members, and also served the club on various committees. His company did all of the Camera Club’s printing. He was a member until December 1913.